Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Do you ever get the feeling we're being pranked?

One of my favorite TV shows is the "Carbonaro Effect" (I live in a motel and they force me to have a TV -- that's the only reason I watch it, honest!). It's a hidden camera, magic TV show where the impish magician, Michael Carbonaro, pranks unsuspecting people with smoke, mirrors, and bullshit. It's fun to watch how ordinary people react when faced with situations that defy logic.

There comes a point when some of the smarter people, frustrated by the assault to their common sense, get this suspicious look on their face and start to look around for cameras. That's where I am right now.

Watching the TV news is like listening to Michael Carbonaro's bullshit explanations regarding the logic-defying event that just happened. There is some seriously Orwellian doublethink those guys are selling and I'm not buying. I don't know how or why the trick was performed but I know it's a trick. What do you do when faced with this situation? What should you do?

1 comment:

SwordofCreation said...

You're so funny!
What I'd do is get a very strong magnet and stop watching that thing!

I too am burned out on fighting the cult doing this crap, and feel like getting van and moving into the mountains where there's no Internet connection, let alone TV.

"I live in a motel and they force me to have a TV -- that's the only reason I watch it, honest!."