Saturday, September 5, 2020

Well, this is disconcerting ... (Twitter censorship)

I was just on Twitter, and I tried to "follow" someone and suddenly a box pops up and says I'm in violation of their "follow limit policy." Apparently I cannot like, follow, or retweet someone for three days. I'm like, fuck you, Twitter! I'm aware I've probably been shadow banned on them for a long time after I came back from a long internet hiatus (they shut down the library from March to June, if I recall) and decided to make my "non-political" Twitter account political, because I couldn't just sit there and post cute animals and not say *something* about the train wreck that's going on around us. So I sacrificed my lighthearted nature-and-animal-loving, vegan-promoting platform to anti-masking and #scamdemic tweets, and what do you know, they pull this shit. I think I'll focus on more spiritual work. That's more powerful anyway.

***

Did a quick search about shadow-banning:

"The best way to find out if you've been shadowbanned is to check if your posts appear in hashtag searches. To do this, create a new post on Instagram and include 2-3 unpopular hashtags in the caption, and another 2-3 unpopular hashtags in the first comment."

2 comments:

greencrow said...

So glad I didn't join Twitter, Facebook, Instagram et al...My blood pressure is also grateful.

Jody Paulson said...

Hi, greencrow! Twitter is more in tune with my somewhat ADHD mentality than writing long blog posts, but I need to start developing some mental discipline. Besides, this is the second time those guys pissed me off ... they blocked me from my political account, and I was like, fine, I'll just post fun stuff and read the more serious stuff for blog ideas. But like I said, I couldn't just ignore this scamdemic that threatens us all at a personal level. And if they are going to censor people over that ... fuck you, Twitter.