Wednesday, August 7, 2019

The Significance of this Time of Year

I knew yesterday was the anniversary of the first atomic bomb dropped on a civilian population by the only country to do so, my own country, the United States. I mentioned it on Twitter but not on my blog, and I'm kind of sorry about that, because it's something we should never forget. That's why I'm posting this link to NTS's Ode to Hiroshima which includes the moving poem “I AM BECOME DEATH THE DESTROYER OF WORLD” by Tom Karlson.

On this day in history, in 1990, Operation Desert Shield begins as US troops deploy to Saudi Arabia to discourage Iraq's Saddam Hussein from invading that country as he had Kuwait. In 1973, A U.S. plane accidentally bombs a Cambodian village, killing 400 civilians. In 1964, Congress overwhelmingly passes the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, allowing the president to use unlimited military force to prevent attacks on U.S. forces.

For those of you who are metaphysically inclined, tomorrow (8/8) is the peak time for the Lionsgate Portal, when the sun becomes aligned with the star Sirius. This is not a time to be afraid, it's a time to set positive intentions for the future. Hope you all are enjoying your summer (or winter, for those South of the Equator).

3 comments:

tsisageya said...

This is revisionist history, as far as I'm concerned. There are no "atomic", "nuclear" bombs.
However, a regular bomb will do the trick so same-same.

I'm starting to think that everyone is in on it. What a terrible feeling.

tsisageya said...

Plus, I don't cotton to the new age stuff. Been there, done that. Ain't happennin'.

Jody Paulson said...

You don't think we're in a new age, tsisageya? I do. Plus, this "metaphysical stuff" is really quite old. I guess I'm a mystic at heart ...

I'm not saying any of that stuff actually happened the way we were told it happened. August 7th was also the "splash down" for the Apollo 15 mission, which featured the "moon buggy." Tell me how they got that contraption up there! (I wonder if they brought it back with them ...)