Friday, April 18, 2008

Weird suicides

I found this recent article about a peace activist found in a lake, bound by the hands and legs with tape over his eyes, rather disturbing:

Man found in Lady Bird Lake was teacher, FBI target
Police said that victim, who taught at a Southwest Austin middle school, may have committed suicide.


Why does this remind me of Gary Webb, who shot himself in the head twice? Or Mephis coroner O.C. Smith (who performed the much-awaited, controversial autopsy on microbiologist Don Wiley) found wrapped in barbed wire and left lying in a stairwell of the medical examiner's building with a live bomb strapped to his chest?

Forgive me, I have a morbid fascination with mysterious deaths. That's why I did the above linked radio commentary about journalist Gary Webb, and this one about microbiologists.

No comments: